Friday, November 30, 2012

Homage to my home girl

One of my most unique relationships.  We went from acquaintances to friends in a matter of two days.  All it took was a day of hectic travel mishaps, a sleepover in Cranberry, and the final departure at the airport.  From the Pain Train on, it was obvious we were going to be friends.

Living with Rachael every day for the past four months has been something I've gotten so used to.  Imagining not seeing her next week is a strange thing.  We eat all our meals together.  She has become my Chilean/gringa sister - NO ONE else holds that title in my heart! (Mostly because it doesn't make sense.)

I'd like this blogpost to be a nice little shout-out to the girl that has moved from Sligo to Valpo, from Recreo to Esperanza, back to Pennsylvania, and into my life.;.lp[=0- (the last few characters was contribution from Little Dumper.)



For always baking with me, for culinary successes and failures


For teaching these awesome kids with me


For dealing with these ones


And especially this one
For teaching me how to climb a mountain



For cuddling with me!
For sharing so many good times


For being there, formaking the most of the bad times
For traveling with me, for sharing the world's beauty
For becoming my sister

For Shiny Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment