Wednesday, December 19, 2012

After a week of visiting friends at Westminster, and then spending a night to visit another in Erie, Tony and I went out to dinner with his parents and then wrote thank-you notes and wrapped Christmas gifts.  It was great spending time with family again.  That's definitely something I'd missed while away.

The next day, my Dad and I were heading to the grocery store after church when another car pulled out across two lanes right in front of me - or more accurately, right into me.  I got an estimate for the damage done: $2200.  I feel for the lady who hit me though:  she damaged both doors on one side, plus a fender on her new 2012 Mercedes Benz.  Plus she'll have to pay my way since I did nothing wrong.  "'Tis the season," she said to me.  I guess that's a more optimistic thing to say than "bah humbug" after you cause $12000 worth of damage in an automobile accident.  At least no one was hurt.

Tony and I opened a brand new savings account yesterday to start saving up for the big day.  We've got a LOT of time to save up for a wedding, but I'm thrilled with every step we take.  This fantasy become more and more real everyday, and we're both so excited.  Later we made gingerbread cookies, went out for wing night with some friends, and saw the latest Twilight (I'm beginning to lose the embarrassment for my fan-hood of the series.  The movie last night was actually fantastic).

Today, my mechanic uncle fixed a problem with the Grey Ghost.  For a while now, the car hasn't been starting when the weather's very cold.  Uncle John took a look at it and within minutes knew what we needed.  He sent us to pick up the auto-part and installed it when we got back.  He said the work was free of charge - we only payed for the part, and now the Ghost is running better than ever!  Tone and I are going to make him a beer-tree for Christmas, since he wouldn't accept any pay.  I have to figure out what exactly that means, but I'm feeling creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment