Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Detox Day 2



Day two was easier than day one.  It may have been that our bodies were adjusted, or that we felt like we were making progress, or that we were just keeping our mind off of our lack of food.  We were busy in class or at work or at school.

During the evening, we had to make another avocado drink… The avocados were slightly more ripened, but barely.  Neither of us could choke down the entire smoothie.  We drank maybe half.  It was terrible.

We spent the rest of the night preparing our “food” for the next day.  Without a juicer, this detox is really difficult.  Most of the drinks are juices, not smoothies, so we have to puree them in the blender and then strain them.  It took us probably three hours each night to prepare for the next day, with all the washing, peeling, chopping, blending, and straining.  Also, the detox would be much easier for me if I was still taking college classes instead of student teaching.  I’m away all day, so I have to bring my drinks with me.  Finally, because I go to bed early, I spend almost my entire night preparing my meals when I should be grading tests or working on lesson plans.

I think that this detox is a good experience; we will benefit from it for certain.  All I know is, we are so excited that we’re almost at day three.

No comments:

Post a Comment