Tuesday, June 5, 2012

an introduction

i haven't blogged in over eight months. my previous blog was a dismal one, its posts riddled with dark poetry and complaints of the world.  even the template was a stark black and white.  i wanted to pick up with the hobby again, especially before my adventures begin, but i chose to start fresh.  this is a season of new beginnings, for me.  though it's june, i've chosen it will be my very own figurative springtime.  

i'm discovering that the best way to let go of the past is to actually let it go.

and to start new.  this summer is the first that i haven't actually worked.  of course, i have little time for that; i'm leaving the country seven weeks from tomorrow.  however, i did pick up a side job (i'm a restless one) tutoring a six-year-old in spanish.  this language was my first true love, and i'm finding that i love to share it with a girl so young and enthusiastic as she is.

besides that, i'm spending time preparing for my departure, and especially preparing myself mentally and emotionally to leave my other true love and my family.  tony and i made a bucket list for the summer, and i look forward to spending every moment i can with him before i leave. it certainly will be a difficult adjustment, but i'm also terribly excited for my adventures in chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment