Friday, August 3, 2012

Rainy Days

Since 8 this morning, the rain has been coming down in buckets.  I didn't even know that the sky could hold so very much water.  It has been absolutely pouring for seven hours.  I woke up, snuggled in my bed, to the soft patter outside my window, and relished the fact that I don't have class on Fridays.

How wonderful is that?  Despite the large amount of credits I'm taking, I get a three-day weekend for the next four months.  I wish life could be like that, full of three-day weekends.

After this monsoon, it looks like the pool just might overflow!


It's so rainy and overcast, you can hardly see the ocean, but there it is: a barely visible grey line above those rooftops:


Well, today was the perfect day to finish the novel I have been reading, The Help.  I like to read books that have been turned into movies, because then I know they must be good (Water for Elephants, Eat Pray Love, Memoirs of a Geisha, My Sister's Keeper, The Lovely Bones..... the list goes on).  I loved the Help!  I enjoyed making the reading experience last, but today I just wanted to finally finish it, so I read about a hundred pages or so this morning.  I'm in Chile, for goodness sake; I should be reading in Spanish!



However, Rachael and I went splitsies on a DVD together - I know, I can't believe I agreed to it either.  It's called Historias Cruzadas, but it's actually the same movie as this book that coincidentally, she brought to Chile with her too.  Obviously, it's in Spanish, so we'll be watching that soon enough!

Here are the books mi mama chilena hooked me up with!  Can't wait to get started:

Time to light the estufa and cuddle back up in bed with a book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment