Monday, August 27, 2012

"Regresé de mis viajes. Navagé construyendo la alegría."

Saturday was one of the monthly ISA-sponsored excursions.  It's included in the program, so who wouldn't go?  We went to Pomaire, a small artisan town that appeared to be in the middle of nowhere, about an hour from Valpo; and we also visited Isla Negra, which isn't actually an island as the name may indicate, where Pablo Neruda's third and final home is located.

Only now as I upload my pictures from the weekend, did I realize that I took not a single photo of Pomaire.  Well, that's okay.  For one, I can simply describe it to you:  it's like an enormous maze of little open-aire shops, with a flea-market vibe.  But I also plan to return again, because this place will be my Christmas-shopping hot spot.  So many pottery items and for unbelievably low prices!




 Pablo Neruda had not only three wives, but also three houses:  La Chascona (in Santiago), La Sebastian (in Valparaíso), and this third house, Isla Negra.  The house at Isla Negra had a super nautical vibe and a beautiful view of the waves, despite his great fear of the sea.


= I returned from my travels.  I went building happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment